Strengthening your Inner Coach!

 All EP Rock students have learned about their Inner Coach this year, and how powerful it is in changing the way we think and encourage ourselves. We all have an Inner Coach AND an Inner Critic, and when our Inner Critic is loud, it makes us think unhelpful thoughts, like "I am lazy", "I'll never figure this out" or "She doesn't like me."  The good news is we ALSO have an Inner Coach that can be louder than the critic, if we LISTEN for it. Our Inner Coach doesn't say "I am amazing", it says realistic helpful thoughts that focus on effort like, "I can work hard," or "I probably need to practice" or "I am a good friend." This video explains neuroplasticity in the brain - that we can strengthen the Inner Coach voice by choosing to listen to it more. This is something we can ALL benefit from!


Comments

Popular Posts